Thursday, November 12, 2009

Preview of new house/*super long post*

So there is this couch I found yesterday! Want it! Going to order it right after closing...like, watch me race to the store to order it to have it in time for Christmas! lol. Not sure how the color shows on your monitor. But its a robin's egg blue that makes me fabulously happy!

Ok, its not really the one I fell in love with, but it will work the same, still sleek lines, and a little more contemporary than we are used to. But this will go in my CHOCOLATE brown living room, with my 3 CREAM tin ceiling tiles that I got for an amazing $30 total! They look most like the top left picture if you click on the link. Very simple, not over done, vintage/flea market-y style with just a touch of rust. Pulling my contemp sofa with my very traditional entertainment armoir and end tables together.

I have been stocking up a little bit at a time, super finds on the clearance shelves some items that will receive a mini make over via a little friend named Rustoleum Spray Paint, to accessorize the new living room! I sooo can't wait. I can't wait even more so...to share the finished pictures with you once we're in and the space is presentable. So here now...is the befores of our most public spaces! (items in the picture are of the seller...although her taste isn't horrible!)

My Livingroom looking right from the front door.


My entryway looking left from the front door. Can't wait to Pottery-Barn it!


The Kitchen ! I have an island! I'm going to dance around it...no promises that I won't dance on it either! These two walls are brick faced. I will be painting those a white/off white. The 2nd picture is my inspiration. not sure If i want to go distressed, or completely covered. What seems more cottage-y to you?



And the Basement family room! Right now it is gray & silver sponge painted. Soooo not us, although I will say, of all the sponge painting I've seen...they did exceptionally well. This will be changed to a tan. New furniture is ordered..shown in the 2nd picture.

2 comments:

Auntie Jillian said...

Totally cool! Love, love, love the sofa. So the living room walls are already brown? awesome. I'm thinking a total paint job on the brick, but.... I'm so excited for Saturday (duh, I'm certain you are more excited!) Hope you get some sleep the next couple of nights! :)

Gretchen said...

Love it! Can not wait to see what you do with it. I am sure it will be awesome!!!!!!!!!!