Monday, November 22, 2010

Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

Last week I slowly got out my tabletop decorations and spread a little Christmas cheer around my house. *disclaimer...don't ask my husband...he's a grinch!*

Here's a bit of what I did! The tree is going up this week!




I made a flag bunting with some scrapbook paper and ribbon I had on hand. The picture is a little dark. Which is exactly why the entertainment center needed something ele. Its a dark walnut stain against a dark brown wall which was the previous owners choice. I like it one my one wall, but in time I hope to change the wall color. There are lights in the towers on the sides, however because there is mirror in it as well, it was better for picture taking to have them off.


Here is my hutch in the dining room. I'm forgoing the traditional green with red and sticking with my white, red and blue that is in the rest of the house. I love this. The snowman plate gives me the vintage/retro feel that I want to lean towards in my kitchen and dinningroom.


The large lantern on the antique school desk was gift I received last year. I knew immediately I was going to fill it with clearance christmas ornaments that I got at 75% off the day after Christmas last year. All those balls for only $5. Love it.


Ok, confession. This is not a Christmas decoration, and not new to the livingroom, but it realy pops against the white on the shutter tha my dad made into a flower box for me.



The 3 ceiling tins needed something additional to add more contrast. Added this old (and rather ratty) wreath and added some white to it as well for just more texture.



And this is my entry tree. Just a little bitty one, but again, got for 75% off the day after Christmast last year. Great buy for just $7.50 prelit! I placed it in a large read metal tub I found on clearance a couple of months ago in the kitchenware section at Target. Placed an old stained cream table cloth around the base of the tree and made my own garland (tutorial coming). Had to include both daylight and night time captures here! lol.

Hope you enjoyed! Stay warm and dry and watch for a tutorial on a couple more christmas projects!

I've linked to the following parties! Check them all out! Lots of ideas and inspiration out there!
The DIY Show Off

3 comments:

Trisha @ The Sweet Survival said...

I love the lantern with the ornaments. It is very romantic. I followed from DIY showoff.

Heather said...

Your decorations look wonderful! I love the lantern filled with ornaments. Your little tree in the red bucket looks awfully cute too!

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Very sweet~ I love that tree in the red bucket- it is so charming! :) Stopping by from BNOTP